Incidents at a Regatta
- First Aid is handled by the contracted supplier (usually 1300-Medics). There are two Advance Life Support attendees and two Basic life support attendees. (One of each on both headlands.)
- If a medical emergency is activated, the RQ Regatta Referee will inform the BSRA EO ASAP.
- The EO will inform the relevant school coordinator.
- The First Aid contractor in the normal procedure will write up a report post regatta. This is given to RQ and shared with the BSRA by Tuesday 5pm following the regatta.
- An incident report form would be submitted by the EO for serious incidents and submitted to RQ for clarification of the incident while waiting for the First Aid report.
- Incident Report Form for regattas. Regatta Incident Report Form.
- Definition of ‘serious’ – where common sense dictates that follow up is sought/required.
- EO submit RQ findings/outcome/recommendation to the School Principal, Head of Sport and the Rowing Coordinator as well as follow up enquiries of the injured/sick party.