Beyond the BSRA
Below are a number of Queensland initiatives for girls post school. Please scroll down to view them all…
1.Combining education and rowing post school
UQBC Information morning and breakfast
Sunday 13th October
for interested athletes and parents to attend
Eric Freeman Boathouse, Building 30, Sir William McGregor Drive, The University of Queensland, St Lucia.
Come along to meet the coaching team and find out how to get the best out of your rowing.
The session will inform you about rowing though the summer season and for options post Year 12.
As an elite Queensland Club, UQBC develops athletes from U17 through to U19, U21 U23 teams and beyond.
UQBC can help you achieve your goals and reach your full potential as an athlete.
Topics will include:
- The training program and coaching
- Priority/target events for season 2019/2020 though to Nationals
- State/National Team selection
- Maclean rowing camp (January)
- Opportunities for school athletes
- Question and answer session on all the membership entails
UQBC provides exciting and unique opportunities for athletes:
- There is a vibrant training environment that includes that includes Men’s, Women’s and Junior Development Programs each with their own dedicated and credentialled coach.
- A highly planned and periodised training program
- A culture based on performance, respect, excellence and team work
- A modern fleet of high-quality boats and equipment
- Sport is an integral part of student life at UQ and as such UQBC offers unique rowing opportunities for student athletes.
Please RSVP your attendance to Richard Powell for catering
e| Headcoach@uqbc.org or m| 0418 720 397
UQBC brochure 2019 2020
see this brochure for more information
Row with the best
2. ROW WITH THE BEST
On the 13th October take the opportunity to meet and row with Queensland’s best female rowers.
Who: For year 11 and 12 school rowers’
What: Row in VIII’s with some of Queensland’s most decorated Australian representatives. There will be a free BBQ and time to chat afterwards
Where: 150 Jane Street, West End
When: 13th October, Arriving at 10:30am
How: Please email an expression of interest to either:
– Darcy Wruck | email@example.com
– Jack Armitage | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following info: Full name, school and year level. Spots will be limited.
Followed by a free BBQ for all and cash bar for parents.
Involved female rowing representatives:
Jacinta Edmunds | QLD representative 2012 – present, Cal Berkeley Alum, AUS representative 2012 – present
Caitlin Cronin | QLD representative 2013 – present, Youth eight Champion, AUS rep 2013 – present
Ellie Parker | QLD representative 2015 – present, Junior and U23 AUS representative 2014 – 2018
Laura Chancellor | QLD representative 2017 – present, AUS Junior representative 2018 & 2019
Phoebe Robinson | QLD representative 2017 – present, AUS Junior representative 2018 & 2019
Maddie Edmunds | QLD representative 2010 – 2018, Rio Olympian, U23 world champion
Taylor McCarthy-Smith | QLD representative 2019, AUS representative 2017 – 2019
Lily Alton | QLD representative 2015 – present, AUS representative 2015 – present
Caitlin Hockings | QLD representative 2014 – present, U23 world champion
Ria Thompson | AUS rep representative 2016 – present, U23 world champion
Steph Long | QLD representative 2014 – present
Danni Serra | QLD representative 2013 – 2017