Safety at Regattas
Safety is improved through an understanding of procedures.
- Regatta Rules is a handy document created by RQ for the competitor and included in the competitor handbook it is dated 2018 but it is still current.
- Launching, warm up and racing and procedures at Wyaralong (refer to maps)
- Racing traffic rules at Wyaralong (refer to the competitor handbook)
- An accident scenario and what can happen Why Traffic Flow is Important
- Each BSRA member school is strongly encouraged to schedule a Boat Race Official (BRO) visit prior to the racing season. This can be organised by phoning Rowing Queensland on 07 3842 1200 or emailing on firstname.lastname@example.org. This is at each member school’s cost. This is a valuable presentation for ALL rowers.
- Traffic flow at regattas (refer to maps on the Lake Wyaralong VENUE page)