Leadership and a Career in Rowing
An exciting event being hosted by WeCOACH, specifically for women High School coaches! WeCOACH is launching the first ever virtual High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy. Within the community of coaches at the High School level and across all sports, they recognize the challenges faced by womento stay and advance in the coaching profession.
Modeled after their longstanding premier NCAA Women Coaches Academy, this 2-day program from July 27-28 2021, delivered live and online, is aimed at providing leadership and educational programming to assist women High School coaches in reaching team and individual success. And, Athlete Assessments is part of the curriculum using the CoachDISC Profile with me (Liz Masen) presenting a dedicated session during the event! We can’t wait and encourage you to join in if this is for you, and/or please share this with those you think will benefit.
So, what’s included and how much does it cost?
- Each day will start at 1:00pm Eastern USA Time and run until approximately 6:30pm (ET).
- Registration is $179 (including $120 Academy tuition & $59 membership fee – membership required to register for the Academy)
- You must be a current woman coach (Head, Assistant, Associate or Volunteer), strength & conditioning coach or athletic trainer at the High School level.
- Must be a WeCOACH member (membership required to register for the Academy and it is easy to join if you’re not yet a member).
Registration closes on June 18! If you’re interested, find out more here.
Women Sport Australia and Australian owned fashion brand Shona Joy are excited to launch The Shona Joy Scholarship, making career development opportunities more readily available for women working in sport across Australia.
The scholarship includes a fully subsidised WSA Women in Sport Mentoring Program, one-on-one mentoring sessions with a senior leader, a 12 month WSA Membership and access to WSA networking and exclusive events. There will be one Scholarship available in each State and Territory for the 2021 Mentoring Program.
Read more and APPLY: https://www.womensportaustralia.com.au/shona-joy…/
Sport Novia Scotia has a Women & Girls Taskforce: http://www.sportnovascotia.ca/SportDevelopment/WomenandGirls/tabid/2319/Default.aspx
- Female Sport Leadership Development Series
- Female Coaching Development Series
- Hypothesis 1: You go girl
- Hypothesis 2: It’s all about the hair
- Hypothesis 3: Shrill or soft — the style conundrum
- Hypothesis 4: She’s a bit of a bitch
- Hypothesis 5: Who’s minding the kids?
- Hypothesis 6: A special place in hell – do women really support women?
- Hypothesis 7: Modern day Salem
- Hypothesis 8: The role-modelling riddle